After a several month hiatus, due to being generally busy, I'm going to attempt to blog more regularly again! Of course, this means I'll post regularly for a month or two and then disappear again, but it's the thought that counts right!?
I thought I'd start by sharing my most recent project, something I finished just an hour ago! I have to admit, I stole part of the idea for the project from my friend Leah. She's making a wall display for pictures using knobs and ribbon. I liked the idea, and out of no where, I remembered that we have a ton of old, distressed wood out in the garage. The wheels started turning and poof, my idea became reality!
I used an old piece of trim, drawer/cabinet knobs from Anthropologie (definitely the most expensive part of the project!! Anyone know another good place to find equally cute knobs for half the price?!), and picture mats and ribbon from Hobby Lobby. I even scrounged up some genuinely antique picture wire and a hook from down in the basement.
I love how three dimensional the piece ended up being, and I love that the pictures have movement while hanging down. Now I just have to choose a few more pictures to put into the remaining frames and my project will be complete! I'm thinking of making a few more (if I can find cheaper knobs) and trying to sell! What do you think?
I LOVE IT! Well you know my love for old wood pieces. It is beautiful and looks great above your couch. Hobby Lobby actually has really cheap knobs that are similar to the ones at Anthro. Miss you lots!
ReplyDeleteLindsey
Super cute idea Brianna! eBay and etsy have great knobs for cheap... that is where I got a lot of mine.
ReplyDelete