March 15, 2011

Right on Schedule

I've rigged up my old desktop in our bedroom, so here I sit on the bed with the computer monitor on the dresser, all so I can follow through and write my update on the 15th, just like I wanted to!!  Granted, the post probably won't be too long because of the awkward angle at which I'm sitting in order to have something to lean against and to see the monitor.  Oh well, what matters is that I'm actually doing what I said I would!

Tori...
  • ...is talking a mile a minute and starting to have some really funny conversations with us.  Her imagination is coming to life, and sometimes she'll initiate a pretend scenario on her own!  Like, the other day, she called from the very back seat, where she insists on sitting, "Mommy, look at that big fruck (truck)!  There's a sinosaur (dinosaur) in the back!  Go fast!"  Even since she said that, she's learned to correctly say dinosaur, and it honestly makes me a little sad. 
  • ...is very concerned about animals.  She's always carrying around a stuffed animal, usually a puppy, and one of her favorite books is a large board book that's mostly pictures of animals.  She LOVED the zoo when we went a few weeks ago, and still prays for the animals she saw there.  And prays that we can go see them soon. 
  • ...now climbs out of bed and comes to see us first thing in the morning, usually.  She always has a cheery, "Good morning, mommy!" and then immediately asks for a "nack" (snack).
  • ...counted correctly for the first time recently.  Usually she just lists off some numbers, but she's started saying stuff like, "I have one, two, three..." and she's been right!
  • ...pronounces her full name "Bictori Hepper Tamm."
Sophie...
  • ...is a spitfire.  She's pretty feisty and isn't afraid to fend for herself.  She actually stood up against an older little girl who tried to take a toy from her.  The other girl walked away with a scratched face.  We're working on that.
  • ...is saying new words almost daily.  "No" is still one of her favorites, but she also says, "Help me," "hunry" (hungry), "Nilk" (milk), "Hi, daddy" (when saying hi to anyone), "Mooie" (movie), "Momo" (Cosmo), "puppy," and much more.  She has a deep husky little voice that is too cute. I'll try to post a video soon
  • ...likes to sing.  She often will sing to herself while playing, and especially loves circle time at the log cabin.  She sits down and does all the motions to the songs right along with the older kids.
  • ...is a climber.  On tables, chairs, stools, wherever she can get up.  Russ once caught her running on the dining room table recently.  She gives me a heart attack whenever we go to the park because she just climbs right up, but isn't great at coming back down!
  • ...is a snuggle bug.  Nothing melts my heart more to have her want to sit and cuddle.  Tori's not as likely to sit and snuggle for very long, it's nice to have one who wants to sit and be near you.
We love both our girls to pieces, and are so blessed by them!  Can't wait to share what's new next month!  I'll post new pictures sometime soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment