And, she didn't use just any kind of tea, but the best, Red Rose Tea. Now, if you've ever had Red Rose, you know that in reality, it really isn't anything overly special. Just a typical Orange Pekoe and Pekoe black tea. But, there was always a little figurine inside the box, and who doesn't like that special little treat! It was also impossible to find in Dallas at the time, so we could only buy it when visiting my grandparents in the Pacific Northwest. See how this ordinary tea is becoming increasingly special?
What brought this to mind? Well, earlier this week, Tori had a bit of a cough, so I made her a cup of tea, Red Rose of course, with honey and a little cream. She even used my special mug. It was a hit, and I do believe relieved her cough a bit. It made me realize that I miss drinking tea. And, although I'll probably continue my cup of coffee each day, mostly because it is there and because I'm dependent on it's caffeine, I hope to re-introduce tea into my regular drinking habits. Maybe it will help me shake off the stress of the day, and find a moment of relaxation amidst the craziness of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment