June 14, 2010

Where the Wild Things Are

I haven't seen the movie, and I honestly don't remember the book too well, but I thought the title was applicable to the Tamm household here in the Lou. Each of us have been a little wild recently, in our own ways...

Russ is wildly busy with school and work. What else is new? He's taking a summer class that meets daily and requires quite a bit of reading, which is enough all on it's own, but in addition, he's also working 20 plus hours a week at the Alpine Shop. Needing to take advantage of every min, we often have days where our only time to see each other is in the transition of one of us leaving or going to bed. Thank God we only have one year of school left!
My crazy life hasn't changed too much, still working, still chasing babies...reading the updates on the girls will give you an idea of what that looks like! I've also added another thing to my plate, exercise! I'm actually regularly exercising right now, hoping to run a 5k mid-July! My friend Leah and I run the long runs together, and Russ and I try to do something active together on the off days.

Tori is a busy almost 2 year old who loves playing outside, eating snacks and reading books! She's talking up a storm, though I still often have to interpret her language to others. She uses new words daily and is saying phrases. She plays daily with her best friend Jude, our next door neighbor, and lately they've enjoyed the plastic pool we set up in the back yard!
Sophie has probably become the wildest of us four. She's crawling, pulling herself up and walking around furniture almost constantly! This also provides plenty of opportunity for falls, so I'm really on my toes trying to keep up with her! Soon she will be chasing her big sister! She's very jolly as usual, and often sports a big smile, showing off her 3 new teeth on top. She also enjoys the pool and is unafraid to get wet! In fact, I think she enjoys the water more than Tori!
Since we are so wild, we decided to embark on a family adventure: camping! We spent two nights at the Johnson's Shut-ins State Park, stopping at the Elephant Rock State Park along the way. We enjoyed rock climbing, swimming, sleepless nights and lots of fun exploring! We definitely think camping will be a fun family tradition, but Russ and I also look forward to camping when the girls are older and we don't have to tote them, their diapers and other gear around!
As June continues, I'm sure we'll have more adventures, but the ones we look forward to the most are a visit by Russ' grandparents, Shakespeare in the park featuring our friend from church, and new on our housing situation!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you reminded me of your blog, Brianna. I've been spending part of this wet Sunday afternoon reading facebook and now your blog for the summer months. I feel I am getting to know you better through both venues and appreciate what you are and are going through.

    You are doing a wonderful job with your girls; we so much enjoyed our visit with you this summer. It was fun to see this wonderful old home that you have as a temporary home and to see what you are doing with it to make it yours. I vote for keeping it private at this point, though. There are some weirdos out there!

    We look forward to your visit in December and that's not too far away, is it. We love you all and are eager to see you again.

    ReplyDelete