
Recently, on one of his late night snowboarding trips, Russ managed to score some free rodeo tickets off a drunk guy who had won them earlier that day! He lived too far away to attend, so after Russ spent some time boarding with him while he sobered up, he just gave them to us. So, this afternoon, Russ and I ventured off on a date to see the Professional Bull Riders compete downtown. Having grown up in Texas, I have managed to make it to a few rodeos here and there, but never have I had the privilege to see a show of just bull riders. I actually kind of missed all the other events, especially barrel ridin' and calf ropin'. I didn't really feel like I fit in with most of the crowd as I didn't have wranglers, boots or camo on. I used to have some cowgirl attire, but over the years most of it has been outgrown. Never-the-less, it was a fun show, complete with pyrotechnics and the return of my Texas accent!
No comments:
Post a Comment