Here's a list of what we hear regularly: Hi, bye bye (which she also says when going to bed), mama, dada, yeah (apparently we say "yeah" more than "yes"), no, uh-oh, please ("eeee"), Jude, car, woof woof (whenever Cosmo barks), head, nose, eyes, mouth, and mole (while pointing to the one beside my nose.
Most of her communication includes gestures, her favorite include pointing, waving, flapping her arms and blowing kisses. She really understands quite a lot, it's just a matter of time before her babble is understandable.
Tori also enjoys helping me around the house. She likes to help bake cookies, get spices out of the cabinet (I often find spices stashed in random places), vacuum and sweep. We're working on putting things away and now after she empties a cabinet, I can often coax her to fill it back up! Thank God! :)
Baby Sophie is also growing fast! She has almost outgrown her bouncy seat, so I'm going to borrow an exersaucer from a friend for her to sit in while I cook etc. This is necessary for two reasons, one because I don't quite trust her older sister to take great care of her, and two, because she is now mobile! When I lay her down on the floor, she rolls and scoots all around! Often she ends up under the coffee table.
Sophie is definitely a people person. She loves to interact and smiles so big when Tori or Jude give her attention. She looks you right in the eye and coos and squawks quite intentionally. She also loves exploring faces, which is often painful because her nails are constantly in need of clipping. Her bottom two teeth are in, and I suspect more will arrive soon based on the amount of drool and hand chewing that occurs. She is really quite sweet. We ofter refer to her as our "jolly baby."
The girls have been getting along pretty well. Sophie loves it when Tori gives her attention and talks to her. This has started happening more and more. Now, when Sophie is laying on the ground scooting around, Tori will end up laying down next to her for a little while. Sometimes in the morning I let Tori sit in her high chair eating a leisurely breakfast and Sophie will sit next to her in her bouncy seat while I work in the kitchen. This month, they've started "talking" to each other during these interludes. It's so cute!
As well as they get along most of the time, as sisters, of course they have their moments of jealousy. As of now, this is occurring more on Tori's part than Sophie's. If I'm sitting holding Sophie on my lap, Tori will come up and squeeze her way onto my lap between us. Recently, she's especially wanting attention while I feed Sophie. I try to talk and sing with her and teach her that she doesn't have to be in my lap to have my attention. Tori also finds it difficult to share toys with Sophie. If Sophie touches something she is playing with, squawks and arm flapping are sure to occur. To combat this, I've had her bring Sophie a toy instead. This seems to be working well. Working on sharing will be a continuing project.
That's all for now, more milestones to come next month!
How fun! Blogging is a great way to journal, it will be fun to read and to keep up with those cutie gals of yours!
ReplyDelete